The band didn't like it. The critics didn't like it. But we do.
R.E.M.'s story so far has been one of effortless creativity. They worked very hard to make good things happen, but they also had the right friends and creative partners to be truly prolific with their work. This changed with Fables of the Reconstruction, when the band traded Mitch Easter and the southern U.S. for a new producer and frigid London. The result is an album that has a reputation for being dark and weird, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's also not entirely true.
- R.E.M. - Can't Get There From Here - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Driver 8 - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Feeling Gravitys Pull - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Life And How To Live It - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Bandwagon - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Burning Hell (Demo) - YouTube
- Burning hell - YouTube
- R.E.M. - Crazy - YouTube
- R.E.M. LIVE Rockpalast Zeche, Bochum Germany October 2, 1985 - YouTube